There's nothing easier and tastier on a cold winter night than braised lamb short ribs. This slow-cooker recipe checks three major boxes for us:
- Delicious Lamb
- Prep takes 15 minutes or less
- Set and forget, once in the crockpot you don't touch again until it is eating time
- 1 package, Boise River Lamb - Lamb Short Ribs
- 2 cups, dry red wine (We used a local Red Blend)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar OR honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Rosemary, to taste
- Bay Leaves, to taste
- Coriander, to taste
- Unpackage and pat-dry the short ribs. Season to taste with the salt & pepper, bay leaves, rosemary and coriander.
- To the slow cooker, add the onions, shallots, and carrots.
- Add the short ribs to the slow cooker, fat-side up. Then, add the wine, broth, tomato paste and brown sugar. gently stir to combine. The lamb ribs should be at least partially submerged and still on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. During the last 2 hours of cooking, add the cranberries.
- Serve the ribs over a bed of mashed potatoes. Top with cranberries, onions, shallots, and carrots. Enjoy!
This dish is GREAT when served with mashed potatoes.