Enjoy a fun twist on a classic dish, this Honey & Cider Leg of Lamb Roast is infused with honey and basted with cider. Leg of Lamb doesn't have to be complicated and shouldn't be a daunting task. This recipe is especially user-friendly but doesn't lack flavor or tenderness.
COOK TIME: 1-1.5 hours
- 1 Boise River Lamb Bone-in Half Leg of Lamb
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 3-4 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups cider
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 apples, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
2. Unpackage and pat-dry the roast. Coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil again, then cover all sides with thyme and garlic.
3. Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350F. Flip the roast over and baste with cider, then cover all exposed sides with honey. Add apples to pan and return to oven.
5. Roast for 30 minutes. Flip roast again and baste with pan juices, then drizzle new side with honey.
6. Continue to roast for an additional 12 minutes per pound for medium-rare or 15 minutes per pound for medium.
7. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let rest for at 10-15 minutes. Carve, serve with roasted veggies or mashed potatoes, and enjoy!